-   -   *difficult* importing slection from a txt file to new column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/334786-%2Adifficult%2A-importing-slection-txt-file-new-column.html)

Trogent

*difficult* importing slection from a txt file to new column

I have no idea what I'm doing... :eek:

I want to import a column (comma separated) from a text file to form a
new column in an active work sheet... that’s easy.

Now I want to do it 500+ times forming a new column each time.

I've seen two options, but couldn’t get either to work for me.

1) Open all .txt files in a directory
2) Launch the open window to multi select files

Also I only wan the data from row six and column two.
I.e. the numbers 0 0 0 0 11230 11230 11227.

Name="BaO2 run a18.RAW"
Time=
Date= 8:37 pm
Analyst="13/07/2005"
DataPoints=1240867
0.0000, 0
0.0300, 0
0.0599, 0
0.0899, 0
0.1198, 11230
0.1498, 11230
0.1797, 11227

A completed macro would be incredibly appreciated :)

But any advice will greatly appreciate.

In case your wandering it’s the output file from gas chromatography
software.

--
Trogent
Trogent's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25308

Dave Peterson

*difficult* importing slection from a txt file to new column

It sounds like you want to create 2 new columns for 500 text files.

That means 1000 new columns.

Excel only has 256 columns per worksheet.

Am I misunderstanding or do you have to re-think the problem?

Trogent wrote:

[...]

Tim Williams

*difficult* importing slection from a txt file to new column

Don't you also need to track at least the filename the data was
extracted from, if not some of the other info in the file ?

Tim.

"Trogent" wrote
in message

[...]

View this thread: