-   -   Development considerations for Win XP (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/334609-development-considerations-win-xp.html)

VanS[_2_]

Development considerations for Win XP

Hello,
I have a VB6 frontend to an Excel/Word VBA app which I will market to
clients with a variety of platforms but I hope to support only back to Win ME
or 2K and Office 2000 and forward to Win XP and latest Office. The product is
already developed. But I am learning that I need to assemble and test my app
under a user account rather than the Admin under Win XP to be sure it will
work.
I am not up to speed that much on XP but can anyone tell me what
considerations I need to take into account in developing under XP, whether
under network or standalone, and other considerations. I am starting to
research under MS KB and MSDN but if you know of any resources would also be
appreciate.
Thanks for any help, God bless
Van