-   -   Creating Status Report like Microsoft Project (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/334564-creating-status-report-like-microsoft-project.html)

Saxy46

Creating Status Report like Microsoft Project

Hello,

I am interested in creating a status report for a website that I am
working on. I saw an excel spreadsheet that is pretty much exactly
what I am trying to do but I don't know how they created it. I want
the spreadsheet to have an expandable tree format. For instance, I
will list 5 major sections to the website. These sections will be able
to expand when you click on the +. Then under them you will see more
sections broken down with +, listing all the pages that will be on the
site. From that I want to implement a progress dropdown showing the
progress of the site from completion, in progree, not posted, etc.
This will then relate back to a field back up at the 5 main sections
stating the percentage of completion. I can figure out how to do the
whole percentatge stuff, but I dont know how to make the sections
expandable. Does any one know? Am I being clear with my description?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Saxy46
Saxy46's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25236

Gareth[_6_]

Creating Status Report like Microsoft Project

Try taking a look at SubTotals under Data on the main menu. This is the
only native Excel functionality that has this kind of behaviour (without
going into controls that is).

Saxy46 wrote:
[...]

Saxy46[_2_]

Creating Status Report like Microsoft Project

thanks!

i'll check it out...I think what I might do is just use the outline
grouping function. That can fake what Im trying to do and then just do
some formulas for percentages and what not.

Thanks!