-   -   Variable for column selection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/334488-variable-column-selection.html)

Mats W.

Variable for column selection

Hi,

I use the script;
Range("D" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Select
...to check for the last row in a given column.

but I need to change the column D to a variable. I tried different ways to
write that without success. Appreciate if someone can give a hint!

Thanks!
--
Mats W.

Toppers

Variable for column selection

One way:

Dim colvar As String
colvar = "D"
Range(colvar & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Select

"Mats W." wrote:

Hi,

I use the script;
Range("D" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Select
..to check for the last row in a given column.

but I need to change the column D to a variable. I tried different ways to
write that without success. Appreciate if someone can give a hint!

Thanks!
--
Mats W.

Bob Phillips[_7_]

Variable for column selection

Dim iCol As Long

Cells(Rows.Count, iCol).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Select

--
HTH

Bob Phillips