-   -   Exporting to a closed workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/334485-exporting-closed-workbook.html)

Mikeice[_27_]

Exporting to a closed workbook

Hi Excel Gurus.

I have bought so many VBA books but can't find the solution.

What I need to do is export or import (whatever is best.)
a range from an open work book to a closed workbook.

Range a1 to I55

how can I do this?

Please give us some ideas and I will see if I can get my money out of
these books.

thx

--
Mikeice
Mikeice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22467

Cush

Exporting to a closed workbook

You can Import from a closed wbk by using
DataGetExternalData

I don't think you can Export from an open wbk to a "closed" wbk.
but, you can do it with vba in the blink of an eye:

Sub Export()
Dim sFile as String
Dim rSource as Range
Dim rDest as Range

Set rSource =ThisWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range("A1:I55")

sFile = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\MyFile.xls" 'Adjust as needed
Workbooks.Open sFile
Set rDest = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(1).Range("A1")
rSource.Copy rDest
ActiveWorkbook.Close True

End Sub

You should also add error handling in case the file can't be found
in the specified location.
"Mikeice" wrote:

Hi Excel Gurus.

I have bought so many VBA books but can't find the solution.

What I need to do is export or import (whatever is best.)
a range from an open work book to a closed workbook.

Range a1 to I55

how can I do this?

Please give us some ideas and I will see if I can get my money out of
these books.

thx

--
Mikeice
Mikeice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22467
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=387059

NickHK

Exporting to a closed workbook

Mikeice,
ADO can work with closed workbooks, if it is straight data in a
database-like structure.

NickHK

"Mikeice" wrote in
message ...