-   -   Wildcards in Advanced filter criteria don't work with Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/334456-wildcards-advanced-filter-criteria-dont-work-excel-2003-a.html)

Inconceivable

Wildcards in Advanced filter criteria don't work with Excel 2003

Technique: Filtering a list using Advanced Filter (filter-in-place). Using
wildcards used to work in earlier versions of Excel, but it doesn't seem to
work in Excel 2003.

I have 2 PCs, one with Excel 2002 at work and one with Excel 2003 at home.
The same Excel file will work in Excel 2002 and fail in Excel 2003.

It may be fixed in a service pack which I don't have.....

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...el.programming

Debra Dalgleish

Wildcards in Advanced filter criteria don't work with Excel 2003

Wildcards seem to work in Excel 2003. Can you give an example of the
criteria you're using, and the results you get in the different versions
of Excel?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Inconceivable

Wildcards in Advanced filter criteria don't work with Excel 20

I tried it twice with and without code. On 2 different machines. If you send
me your email, I'll send you a sample if you don't mind.

Inconceivable wrote:
Technique: Filtering a list using Advanced Filter (filter-in-place). Using
wildcards used to work in earlier versions of Excel, but it doesn't seem to
work in Excel 2003.

I have 2 PCs, one with Excel 2002 at work and one with Excel 2003 at home.
The same Excel file will work in Excel 2002 and fail in Excel 2003.

It may be fixed in a service pack which I don't have.....

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Inconceivable

Wildcards in Advanced filter criteria don't work with Excel 20

Got it. The problem was including ".value" after the range name for the
criteria in code. Thanks for responding.

Inconceivable wrote:
Technique: Filtering a list using Advanced Filter (filter-in-place). Using
wildcards used to work in earlier versions of Excel, but it doesn't seem to
work in Excel 2003.

I have 2 PCs, one with Excel 2002 at work and one with Excel 2003 at home.
The same Excel file will work in Excel 2002 and fail in Excel 2003.

It may be fixed in a service pack which I don't have.....

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Debra Dalgleish

Wildcards in Advanced filter criteria don't work with Excel 20

Thanks for reporting what caused the problem.