-   -   Printing order (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/334157-printing-order.html)

Jim[_57_]

Printing order

Hello again,

I have a macro (really in Word) that opens and parses information from
other documents then prints out a summary. It will print out one of 2
types of summary and then the document. The problem is that it will always
print out the first summary a few documents late, and this gets buried in
between subsequent documents/summaries. Sometimes, the other summary-
document pairs get mixed up as well, but not as often.

I refrence the documents by name to open/print/ close etc, ( which is a
pain at times) and am thinking about assigning a document object to cover
this - will this help?

Is there a way to tell the macro to wait until the document has gone to the
printer before processing futher - or could it be a problem in the network
printer queue ( and if so, what do I do).

Thanks,

Jim

Dave Peterson

Printing order

You may want to try one of the MSWord newsgroups for a good answer.

But how about one that might be useful (or maybe not!).

Inside MSWord
tools|Options|Print tab
turn off background printing.

This means that MSWord will wait till the print job finishes before continuing.

You ever try to close MSWord when a job is still printing--you get prompted with
a warning. Turning this setting off is one way around that problem. Maybe
it'll work for you.

(If it doesn't, I'd go down the hall and ask in one of the MSWord groups.)

--

Dave Peterson