-   -   List Box Selections (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/333889-list-box-selections.html)

BeefmanSteve

List Box Selections

Hi, I'm programming VBA in Excel 2k3. On my custom dialog box, I made a list
box with three choices in one column. It is sized so that only one choice is
visible at a time. Vertical scroll buttons (up and down) are present on the
right side to change between the visible options. If I press the 'up' or
'down' keys on the keyboard, the visible option is changed AND selected. But
if I use the mouse to click the up or down scroll buttons, the newly shown
option is not selected. Can I have the options automatically be selected
when I click those scroll buttons?
Thanks,
Steven

Tom Ogilvy

List Box Selections

No.

Tom Ogilvy

"BeefmanSteve" wrote in message
Hi, I'm programming VBA in Excel 2k3. On my custom dialog box, I made a

list
box with three choices in one column. It is sized so that only one choice

is
visible at a time. Vertical scroll buttons (up and down) are present on

the
right side to change between the visible options. If I press the 'up' or
'down' keys on the keyboard, the visible option is changed AND selected.

But
if I use the mouse to click the up or down scroll buttons, the newly shown
option is not selected. Can I have the options automatically be selected
when I click those scroll buttons?
Thanks,
Steven

Dick Kusleika[_4_]

List Box Selections

Steven

The TopIndex property will return the position (zero based) of which item is
showing. While the item won't be selected, you can still retrieve it using
TopIndex.

--
Dick Kusleika
Excel MVP