-   -   Macros with hidden sheets! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/333082-macros-hidden-sheets.html)

Perini 9

Macros with hidden sheets!

Hi there,

I have 2 doubts by excel macros. I have created a macro which use
information from other sheets in the same file. When I hide thos
sheets (which I need to) the macro doesn't work... Is it possible t
keep it running with hidden sheets?

The other doubt is also link with the same problem. When I have a macr
that uses information from other sheets in the same file, while it i
running it quickly jumps to the other sheets. Can I run the macro bu
remain in the same sheet where the macro is, without any "jumps" fro
sheet to sheet?

Many Thanks

Regards to you all

Perin

--
Perini
Perini 9's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2472

anilsolipuram[_126_]

Macros with hidden sheets!

Can I run the macro but remain in the same sheet where the macro is
without any "jumps" from sheet to sheet?
Yes you can.

When I hide those sheets (which I need to) the macro doesn't work... I
it possible to keep it running with hidden sheets?
Yes it is possible, but depends on what macro doe

--
anilsolipura
anilsolipuram's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1627

swatsp0p[_11_]

Macros with hidden sheets!

one solution to both "doubts"... use:

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

'here you can unhide the sheets needed, run your code, then rehide the
sheets

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

HTH

Bruce

p.s. Quick English lesson, "Doubt" means "To regard as unlikely". I
'doubt' that is what you meant in your post... most likely you meant "I
have 2 problems with excel macros..."

(I respect you for your grasp of my confusing language... and it is the
only one I speak, so you have that better than me).

swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=382921