-   -   Converting String numbers into real numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/332938-converting-string-numbers-into-real-numbers.html)

Werner[_11_]

Converting String numbers into real numbers

Hi,

I have a formula in VBA that searches through a table for corresponding
results to the conditions I specified and sort the results into another
table. My problem is that the data I use, which includes monetary
values, seems to have converted them into string numbers (which include
de $ sign as part of the characters and not only into a simple visual
effect). It's a problem when I want to do mathematic operations with
those monetary values. Is there a way to convert them into real numbers
in my VBA code just before doing my maths with them? I tried to
pre-format the cells before their extraction but it seems it isnt
enough to really convert them.

Thx!

Werner

--
Werner
Werner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24304

theDude[_12_]

Converting String numbers into real numbers

Hi Werner,

This post may help:

http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=380591

Also, refer to your VBA help topic "*Type Conversion Functions*"

theDude

--
theDude
theDude's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16550