-   -   Enter current time into cell hh:mm:ss (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/332815-enter-current-time-into-cell-hh-mm-ss.html)

rglasunow[_22_]

Enter current time into cell hh:mm:ss

I am trying to create a macro that records the current time off th
clock on my computer. I am aware of the short cut (ctrl+shift+;).
However, this does not go into the actual seconds. Is there a way t
record the seconds as well

--
rglasuno
rglasunow's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=421

dominicb[_41_]

Enter current time into cell hh:mm:ss

Good evening rglasunow

You would be better off using the =NOW() function, the only problem
with this is that it will alter every time the sheet is recalculated.
The code below will call the NOW() function, format the cell
appropriately and then changes the cell contents from a formula to a
value.

Sub TimeStamp()
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=NOW()"
With Selection
..NumberFormat = "h:mm:ss;@"
..Formula = .Value
End With
End Sub

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18932

rglasunow[_23_]

Enter current time into cell hh:mm:ss

thanks man!! That worked perfect!!

--
rglasuno
rglasunow's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=421
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38213

dominicb[_44_]

Enter current time into cell hh:mm:ss

Hi rglasunow

Glad to help. Appreciate the feedback.

Dominic

--
dominic
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1893

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Enter current time into cell hh:mm:ss

Why not do it in one go?

Sub TimeStamp()
ActiveCell.Value = Format(Time,"h:mm:ss;@")

HTH

RP

"dominicb" wrote in
message ...

Good evening rglasunow

You would be better off using the =NOW() function, the only problem
with this is that it will alter every time the sheet is recalculated.
The code below will call the NOW() function, format the cell
appropriately and then changes the cell contents from a formula to a
value.

Sub TimeStamp()
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=NOW()"
With Selection
NumberFormat = "h:mm:ss;@"
Formula = .Value
End With
End Sub

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb
dominicb's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=382135

JE McGimpsey

Enter current time into cell hh:mm:ss

One way:

Public Sub InsertTime()
With ActiveCell
.Value = Time
.NumberFormat = "hh:mm:ss"
End With
End Sub

In article ,
rglasunow
wrote:

I am trying to create a macro that records the current time off the
clock on my computer. I am aware of the short cut (ctrl+shift+;).
However, this does not go into the actual seconds. Is there a way to
record the seconds as well?

JE McGimpsey

Enter current time into cell hh:mm:ss

This really doesn't do exactly what the OP says s/he wanted - since
NOW() returns both the date and the time (though it may be acceptable to
the OP).

Entering the time using Activecell, but then using Selection for

.Formula = .Value

is dangerous - if the user has selected multiple cells, it will reformat
and wipe out any formulae in that selection. Far better to stick with
ActiveCell.

Also, if the OP want's both date and time, there's no need to use XL's
NOW() function, use VBA's Now method instead:

Public Sub TimeStamp()
With ActiveCell
.Value = Now
.NumberFormat = "h:mm:ss"
End With
End Sub

In article ,
dominicb
wrote:

Good evening rglasunow

You would be better off using the =NOW() function, the only problem
with this is that it will alter every time the sheet is recalculated.
The code below will call the NOW() function, format the cell
appropriately and then changes the cell contents from a formula to a
value.

Sub TimeStamp()
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=NOW()"
With Selection