-   -   opposite of IsNumeric (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/332684-opposite-isnumeric.html)

thephoenix12[_3_]

opposite of IsNumeric

Hi,

I know that IsNumeric returns true if the selection is only numbers
but is there a function that returns true if the selection is all text
Using If Not IsNumeric does not work, because if something contain
text and numbers it returns true, which is what I do not want.

Thanks,

Stev

--
thephoenix1
thephoenix12's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2433

Tom Ogilvy

opposite of IsNumeric

Look at VBA HELP on the LIKE operator.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
news:thephoenix12.1r3i6x_1119557176.2224@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Hi,

I know that IsNumeric returns true if the selection is only numbers,
but is there a function that returns true if the selection is all text?
Using If Not IsNumeric does not work, because if something contains
text and numbers it returns true, which is what I do not want.

Thanks,

Steve

--
thephoenix12
thephoenix12's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=381732

Ken Hudson

opposite of IsNumeric

It is not pretty, but if you had only numbers and/or letters and you wanted
to check for at least one number in the string:

Option Explicit
Sub AllText()
Dim i As Integer
Dim TestString As String
TestString = Range("A1")
For i = 1 To Len(TestString)
If IsNumeric(Mid(TestString, i, 1)) Then
MsgBox ("Not text")
Exit For
End If
Next i