-   -   Help with a macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/332678-help-macro.html)

jim hardwick[_2_]

Help with a macro

Hello,

I'm currently programming a macro for excel and I esssentially want to get
the macro to look at a range and if this range has a certain value ("y" for
yes) then change the format in another cell. I know this can be done for the
same range using conditional formatting but I want to format a call based on
a seperate cell.

Thanks

K Dales[_2_]

Help with a macro

Jim: You can use conditional formatting for this also. WHen you set up the
condition, instead of Cell Value is use Formula is and then put (for example)
=(A1="Y"); this will set that format of the the current cell if the value in
A1 is "Y"