-   -   Spreadsheet Performance (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/332598-spreadsheet-performance.html)

John Contact[_2_]

Spreadsheet Performance

Hi all,

Thought I would ask the question before I spent to much time on what might
not be an issue.

I have a workbook containing four sheets of data (each with around 4000 rows
and 27 columns), this is used as data for around 50 graphs on 5 other sheets.
I have used SUMPRODUCT with named ranges for the calculations, which are done
on a separate sheet. The speed of the recalculation of the workbook is around
30 seconds. Is this considered slow?

If so are pivot tables faster?

Regrads

John

Roman[_4_]

Spreadsheet Performance

Hi John,
in my opinion 30 seconds is quite possible. It depends on your machine
too. I used to work with workbooks taking even few minutes to be
recalculated.
I guess pivot tables could be faster, especially if your charts are
similar to each other and could be based on one pivot table. The best
way is to give it a try.
Wish you luck!

DM Unseen

Spreadsheet Performance