-   -   Splitting fields from commas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/332568-splitting-fields-commas.html)

loopkid1

Splitting fields from commas

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the Functions forum, so pleas
just redirect me if I've erred!

I've got a sizable list of occupational categories (Legal, Government
etc.), however many fields contain more than one:

*Occupation*
Accounting
Accounting
Accounting, Government
Administrative
Administrative, Government, Legal
Administrative, Legal

I need to create subsequent columns, *Occupation2* , *Occupation3*
etc., and somehow split the fields in the *Occupation* column at th
commas, and distribute the words horizontally into the next columns.
I'm completely stumped, can anyone here help? Thanks!

loopkid
loopkid1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2172
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38135

loopkid1[_2_]

Splitting fields from commas

Ron, that did exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much, I reall
appreciate the help!