-   -   Display "Does not exist" upon search no results (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/332539-display-does-not-exist-upon-search-no-results.html)

Jean-Jérôme Doucet via OfficeKB.com

Display "Does not exist" upon search no results

Hi,

I'd like my search looping in VBA to display a message that says that the
identification written does not exist in the list. It must be something like
"On Error GoTo MsgBox" To I imagine. But I don't know hw to write it.
Thx

JJD

Naz

Display "Does not exist" upon search no results

On error go to ErrorHandler

ErrorHandler:
Msgbox "error message"

--

_______________________
Naz,

"Jean-Jerome Doucet via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Hi,

I'd like my search looping in VBA to display a message that says that the
identification written does not exist in the list. It must be something like
"On Error GoTo MsgBox" To I imagine. But I don't know hw to write it.
Thx

JJD

Jim Thomlinson[_4_]

Display "Does not exist" upon search no results

Give this a try...

Public Sub SearchList()
Dim wks As Worksheet
Dim rngCurrent As Range
Dim rngToSearch As Range

Set wks = Sheets("Sheet1")
Set rngToSearch = wks.Range("A1", "A100")

Set rngCurrent = rngToSearch.Find("This")
If rngCurrent Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "Not Found"
Else
MsgBox rngCurrent.Address

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Jean-Jerome Doucet via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Hi,

I'd like my search looping in VBA to display a message that says that the
identification written does not exist in the list. It must be something like
"On Error GoTo MsgBox" To I imagine. But I don't know hw to write it.
Thx

JJD

Jean-Jerome Doucet via OfficeKB.com

Display "Does not exist" upon search no results

Thanks Jim Thomlinson and Naz! It was the little spark of light needed to
achieve my goal.

Have a good day!

JJD