-   -   Comparing 2 workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/332530-comparing-2-workbooks.html)

joshua

Comparing 2 workbooks

I have a list of users on 2 workbooks. I need to compare the 2 workbooks and
see who is one list and not the other. Because of the size of these lists I
could not do it manually. Is there an automated way I could use to do this
and reproduce it on a monthly basis

Ron de Bruin

Comparing 2 workbooks

See all other groups

Please read this
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Joshua" wrote in message ...
I have a list of users on 2 workbooks. I need to compare the 2 workbooks and
see who is one list and not the other. Because of the size of these lists I
could not do it manually. Is there an automated way I could use to do this
and reproduce it on a monthly basis

Tom Ogilvy

Comparing 2 workbooks

in an adjacent column

=Countif([Book2.xls]Sheet1!A:A,A1)

drag down the column

repeat in Book2 checking Book1.

then you can filter on the results.

See Chip Pearson's site for working with duplicates and uniques:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

Tom Ogilvy