-   -   Assign a macro to create a pivot table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/332511-assign-macro-create-pivot-table.html)

acsugguiyao

Assign a macro to create a pivot table

I am currently creating a macro from a data worksheet but I am receiving
an error.
:(

Initially, I just recorded the macro however when I am running it, i am
receiving an addfields method of Pivot Table Class failed.

ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable4").AddFields RowFields:="Level 3",
_
ColumnFields:="Date"

this is code that was having an error and I am not sure what was wrong
with it?
Can someone forward me a sample of the macro code to resolve this?

Alib

--
acsugguiyao
acsugguiyao's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24519

Tom Ogilvy

Assign a macro to create a pivot table

I suspect the problem lies in a disconnect in your code and your data. The
sample code follows the proper syntax for the function. It is possible that
the condition of the table at the time the code is run does not permit this
modification. Only you can tell that by working through your code a step at
a time and examining the situation.

Tom Ogilvy

"acsugguiyao"
wrote in message

I am currently creating a macro from a data worksheet but I am receiving
an error.
:(

Initially, I just recorded the macro however when I am running it, i am
receiving an addfields method of Pivot Table Class failed.

ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable4").AddFields RowFields:="Level 3",
_
ColumnFields:="Date"

this is code that was having an error and I am not sure what was wrong
with it?
Can someone forward me a sample of the macro code to resolve this?

Alib

--
acsugguiyao
acsugguiyao's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=381168

acsugguiyao[_2_]

Assign a macro to create a pivot table

I am still unable to find out what is wrong...

this is the whole code. is there a limitation since my rows is ~4000
rows and I just selected 13 columns?

ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Add(SourceType:=xlDatab ase, SourceData:= _
"'AS1-C'!C1:C13").CreatePivotTable TableDestination:= _
"'[Data Comparison - test1.xls]AS1'!R1C1",
TableName:="PivotTable10", _
DefaultVersion:=xlPivotTableVersion10
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable10").AddFields RowFields:="Level
3", _
ColumnFields:="Date"

ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable10").PivotField s("RTF").Orientation
= _
xlDataField
ActiveWorkbook.ShowPivotTableFieldList = True
ActiveWorkbook.ShowPivotTableFieldList = False

Please help :confused: