-   -   Data extraction... (Pls Help) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/332292-data-extraction-pls-help.html)

Ahmed Sidat

Data extraction... (Pls Help)

Hi, I have a Pivot table in a worksheet. The data source is from another
workbook (worksheet) that is password protected. Is it possible to get
the data for the pivot table from the password protected worksheet
without opening the actual workbook itself...??

Can anyone help out..??? :confused: :confused:

--
Ahmed Sidat
Ahmed Sidat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20621

keepITcool

Data extraction... (Pls Help)

yep.

start the pivot wizard.
select EXTERNAL DATA source....(not Excel list or database)
click getdata...
you'll get the data source selection that you should be familiar with
from data/import external

et voila!

--
keepITcool

Ahmed Sidat wrote :

Hi, I have a Pivot table in a worksheet. The data source is from
another workbook (worksheet) that is password protected. Is it
possible to get the data for the pivot table from the password
protected worksheet without opening the actual workbook itself...??

Can anyone help out..??? :confused: :confused:

Ahmed Sidat[_2_]

Data extraction... (Pls Help)

keepITcool,
Hey thanks alot. I have used 'external source' before but it just didnt
occur to me that I could use that to do what I want. Got it working.
Once again, thanks alot..
:) :) :)