-   -   PictureBox in Excel VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/332249-picturebox-excel-vba.html)

[email protected]

PictureBox in Excel VBA

I have an application in vb6 which uses picturebox control. I would
like to leverage the same functionality in excel, but could not find
the picturebox control or any equivalent one vba. Is there any work
around?
Thanks in advance, Binesh

keepITcool

PictureBox in Excel VBA

Try the IMAGE control from msforms library.
less functionality, and i dont know what you exactly want to do ,
but it'll probably be sufficient.

Picturebox is an ActiveX control,so you could use the picturebox in VBA
too. however:
your users must have a licensed version of the control
on their machine. VBA is uncompiled so a "designtime" license is
required.
Since most users will not have vb or office developer license
this will not be the most practical solution.

--
keepITcool

wrote :

I have an application in vb6 which uses picturebox control. I would
like to leverage the same functionality in excel, but could not find
the picturebox control or any equivalent one vba. Is there any work
around?
Thanks in advance, Binesh

Leith Ross[_51_]

PictureBox in Excel VBA

Hello Binesh,

VBA doesn't have a PictureBox control like VB. If the Picture is a BM
file you could copy it to a Shape Object. If your pictire maight be
IMG, JPG, BMP, ICO, or CUR, then use an Image Control from VBA'
Control ToolBox.

Sincerely,
Leith Ros

--
Leith Ros
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1846

[email protected]

PictureBox in Excel VBA

Thanks Ross and KeepITCool for the information.
In fact, what I really require is to draw a 2d cross section based on
geometric inputs on a canvas. Right Now, I am using shapes in
Worksheet(which serves the purpose, Not efficient,though) for this.
Just wondering if there is better alternative?

Binesh