-   -   need a formua for wages (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/332103-need-formua-wages.html)

pgc

need a formua for wages

I have 3 employees, Tracy, Buzz and Damon they work as a team,

If they all work the same amount of days there wages are as follows
Tracy gets 47% of the total

Buzz gets 33% of the total

And Damon gets 20% of the total

But what happens in the scenario below

Name Days total price total day rate total earnings
worked work for team for team for team

Tracy 7 £1500.00 £350.00 £1850.00
Buzz 5
Damon 3

How much would each member earn and i need a formula so i can change
details in each column

Your help would be most appreciated

bac

need a formua for wages

You'll need to use a weighted average, first of the days worked. then of the
days earnings

Amount Name Share Days Weighted Days Weighted
1500 Tracy 0.47 7 329.000 890.79
Buzz 0.33 5 165.000 446.75
Damon 0.20 3 60.000 162.45
Totals 1.00 15 554.000 1500.00

Weighted days = (Days worked by indiv/sum of days worked by all employees) *
(Individual Share * Amount)
Assuming table is in a=F above, for Tracy: (D2/d5) * (B2*A2)

Weighted = (Weighted days/Sum of Weighted Days)* Amount

Again, for Tracy: (E2/E5) * A2

You can change values in A (Amount), Columns B, C & D (Individuals and their
rates, days). Naturally you will have to come up with appropriate reference
for the summation cells:

e.g. F2 = (E2/Sum(E:E))*A2
BAc

"pgc" wrote:

I have 3 employees, Tracy, Buzz and Damon they work as a team,

If they all work the same amount of days there wages are as follows
Tracy gets 47% of the total

Buzz gets 33% of the total

And Damon gets 20% of the total

But what happens in the scenario below

Name Days total price total day rate total earnings
worked work for team for team for team

Tracy 7 £1500.00 £350.00 £1850.00
Buzz 5
Damon 3

How much would each member earn and i need a formula so i can change
details in each column

Your help would be most appreciated

Paul Cann

need a formua for wages

Thanks BAC that worked a treat

bac

need a formua for wages

You are welcome..

Please go back and rate the response by clicking on the Yes button at the
bottom

"Paul Cann" wrote:

Thanks BAC that worked a treat

pgc

need a formua for wages

Dont mean to sound dense but how do i reply to your request
"Please go back and rate the response by clicking on the Yes button at
the
bottom"

bac

need a formua for wages

Click on the first BAC in the thread..This will open the reply where I
answered your question.

At the bottom of the box containing the reply there should be a blue box
that asks: Was this post helpful to you? Followed by a Yes button and a no
button..

Click yes

You may want to read the "Why should I rate a post screen tip as well (below
the rating bar)

"pgc" wrote:

Dont mean to sound dense but how do i reply to your request
"Please go back and rate the response by clicking on the Yes button at
the
bottom"

pgc

need a formua for wages

Very sorry BAC but i am viewing messages through Google Group and there
is no such option if you send me the correct URL i will do as requested