-   -   Excel 97 vs Excel 2002 coding (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/332074-excel-97-vs-excel-2002-coding.html)

David

Excel 97 vs Excel 2002 coding

I've had problems recently running code from 2002 in a 97 workbook.
Where is the best place to find a list of changes between these versions?
TIA
--
David

Bob Phillips[_7_]

Excel 97 vs Excel 2002 coding

I would say here. Post the problem.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"David" wrote in message
I've had problems recently running code from 2002 in a 97 workbook.
Where is the best place to find a list of changes between these versions?
TIA
--
David

keepITcool

Excel 97 vs Excel 2002 coding

There is NO comprehensive list of changes.
and changes between 97 and 2002 are numerous
but in general very solvable.

my most common problems:
vba6 has more string functions which I often use..
like Replace/Split/Join/Filter/InStrRev)

xl2002 has very different sheet protection.
xl2002 sometimes has a few extra arguments for methods.
e.g. sorting
xl2002 has modeless userforms

and almost of course you run into more problems
when developing in newer versions, to run in older.

TIP:
had you developed in xl97 you'd had far fewer problems.
Probably no compile issues at all.
Maybe some subtle differences to a few methods at runtime.

TODO:
make sure you have option explicit at the top of each module
start compiling...

debugger will tell you what's acceptable...and you'll need to find a
solution everytime it stops. there wont be tht many and most of these
changes will not be very difficult.

keep VBA Help at hand.
post specific questions here.

--