-   -   Better way of finding last row on sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/331961-better-way-finding-last-row-sheet.html)

Andibevan[_2_]

Better way of finding last row on sheet

Hi,

Can anyone improve on this formula to find the last row of a sheet:-

Sheet1.Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row

This keeps finding row 26 as the last row when I only have 3 rows of data.

Any ideas?

Andi

Jim Cone

Better way of finding last row on sheet

Andi,

Did you check cell A26 to see if it had a space or some non-printing character in it?

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Andibevan"
wrote in message ...
Hi,
Can anyone improve on this formula to find the last row of a sheet:-
Sheet1.Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row
This keeps finding row 26 as the last row when I only have 3 rows of data.
Any ideas?
Andi

Roman[_4_]

Better way of finding last row on sheet

Hi Andibevan,

I guess that the last cell is really in 26th row.
This should select it (the same as Ctrl+End)

sub selectlastcell()
Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).select
end sub

Save your work and use this to recover your really last cell:
(this will reset the undo operations memory!)

sub recoverlastcell()
ActiveSheet.UsedRange
end sub

Jef Gorbach

"Andibevan" wrote in message

Can anyone improve on this formula to find the last row of a sheet:-

Sheet1.Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row

This keeps finding row 26 as the last row when I only have 3 rows of data.

Any ideas?

Andi

sounds likes cell(A26) an "invisible" space/etc character ??

tkstock[_22_]

Better way of finding last row on sheet

Do you have formulas in cells 4 thru 26? This would cause your
problem.

You could also do something like

Code:
--------------------
Range("A1").Select
While Activecell.Value < ""
Selection.Offset(1,0).Select
Wend
--------------------

HTH

--
tkstock

tkstock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=14443
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379635

Bob Phillips[_7_]

"Andibevan" wrote in message

Can anyone improve on this formula to find the last row of a sheet:-

Sheet1.Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row

This keeps finding row 26 as the last row when I only have 3 rows of data.

I very much doubt it, this technique doesn't suffer the last used cell
problem that say Ctlr-End suffers. You must have something in A26. Try
?LEN(Range("A26")) in the immediate window

Andibevan[_2_]

Better way of finding last row on sheet

Thank-you all for your very helpful comments - I was missing the obvious (as
usual).

There was some hidden text in row 26 - now works fine

Thanks all

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message

"Andibevan" wrote in message

Can anyone improve on this formula to find the last row of a sheet:-

Sheet1.Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row

This keeps finding row 26 as the last row when I only have 3 rows of data.

I very much doubt it, this technique doesn't suffer the last used cell
problem that say Ctlr-End suffers. You must have something in A26. Try
?LEN(Range("A26")) in the immediate window

Ashman

Better way of finding last row on sheet

The first question is, is there anything in cell a26? This procedure will
stop at anything

Ashman