-   -   removing digits from one column to another (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/331819-removing-digits-one-column-another.html)

Ryis

removing digits from one column to another

hello I have a spreadsheet which I would like to create a formula which will
take a 13 digit number and remove the first 7 digits and leave me with the
last 5 digits of the number.

Thanks in advance,

Ryis

Eric White[_2_]

removing digits from one column to another

Assuming column A is the 13-digit number:

=RIGHT(A1,5)

This takes only the five last digits of the number.

-EW

"Ryis" wrote:

hello I have a spreadsheet which I would like to create a formula which will
take a 13 digit number and remove the first 7 digits and leave me with the
last 5 digits of the number.

Thanks in advance,

Ryis

Eric White[_2_]

removing digits from one column to another

Oh yeah, the 5-digit number column will be dependent upon the 13-digit number
column, so don't go deleting it. If you wanted to delete the 13-digit
column, leaving the 5-digit column, you'd need to select the 5-digit column
and then in another column Paste Special - Values.

"Ryis" wrote:

hello I have a spreadsheet which I would like to create a formula which will
take a 13 digit number and remove the first 7 digits and leave me with the
last 5 digits of the number.

Thanks in advance,

Ryis

Ryis

removing digits from one column to another

Thanks...that works great!!