Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy Data from External Spreadsheet

Here's my situation:
What I need to do is create a simple formula that automatically grabs the
data from a spreadsheet ('Phone Exts.xls' - 'Sheet1') and put it in the
correct rows in another spreadsheet. The trouble is that the Phone Exts.xls
sheet has one column devoted to apartments formatted as so: 1001A; but, the
other sheet has two columns devoted to the apartment number, and bedroom
letter. So the sheets would look like:
Phone Exts.xls
Apt# | Ext
1001A | 26001
1001B | 26002

Other Sheet.xls
Apt# | Rm | Ext
1001 | A |
1001 | B |

So I thought I would create a simple formula to be run on each row in the
Ext column of 'Other Sheet.xls'. That's where I have trouble. How could I
do this? Is it even possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated. And
for the record, I am still googleing on how to do this, and I have searched
this community before posting.

~Brett