-   -   random list in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/331699-random-list-excel.html)

LW

random list in excel

I have a list of 80 names that has to be randomly put in to an order where
all the names are used only once. How do I do that

STEVE BELL

random list in excel

All I can say is that if you have a column with =Rand()
You will get non-equal numbers (the odds of a repeting number are very low).
Replace the formula with PasteSpecial Value. Sort everything by that column
and you get a random ordered list.

There are many ways that you can do this in code, or manually.

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond