-   -   Problem with a recorded macro to create two pivot tables from same data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/331690-problem-recorded-macro-create-two-pivot-tables-same-data.html)

rjamison

Problem with a recorded macro to create two pivot tables from same data

All:

I recorded a macro to create two pivot tables. I create the second table
by
copying the first, moving over two columns, paste the data, and them go
into the layout to change the data and column fields.
When I run the macro it gives me a run time error listed below. How do I

change the code to create the second table and fields like I did when I
record it?

Columns("A:B").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("C1").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Range("C7").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
ActiveSheet.PivotTableWizard TableDestination:="Sheet1!R1C3"

********* Problem starts here *************

Run-time error ‘1004-:
Unable to get the PivotTables property of the worksheet class

ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable2").AddFields RowFields:="dosmoyr", _

ColumnFields:="transmoyr", PageFields:="facilityid"
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable2").PivotFields ("Revenue").Orientatio
n =
_
xlHidden
With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable2").PivotFields ("Sum of
Payments")
..Orientation = xlDataField
..Caption = " Payments"
..NumberFormat = "#,##0.00_);(#,##0.00)"
End With
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable2").DataPivotFi eld.PivotItems("
Payments"). _
Position = 1

C. Pete Straman