-   -   Time format and various users (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/331662-re-time-format-various-users.html)

rjamison

Time format and various users

for each cell in Range("B1",Range("B1").End(xldown))
if isdate(cell) then
if hour(cell) < 12 then
cell.offset(0,1).Value = "AM"
else
cell.offset(0,1).Value = "PM"
end if
end if
Next

However, if people put in 10:00 in the time cell and PM in the AM/PM
cell,
then the code would replace it with AM. If you are working on an 8 to 5

type schedule and the times are all between 8:00 and 5:00 rather than
military times, then

for each cell in Range("B1",Range("B1").End(xldown))
if isdate(cell) then
if hour(cell) <= 12 then
cell.offset(0,1).Value = "PM"
else
cell.offset(0,1).Value = "AM"
end if
end if
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"dar" wrote in message

I may be going at this the wrong way; However, I have a spreadsheet

that

has

two columns labeled "Time" and "AM/PM". I need the AM/PM for which

Access

uses to sort report from. ( I import excel into Access)
The problem is various users input into excel and don't always place

the
AM/PM into appropriate cell which causes errors upon import.
I would like to create macro which will fill in am/pm if there is a

time
listed in the
"Time" column.
Any help would be appreciated.