-   -   Specify Printer and Prompt for Number of Copies? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/331643-specify-printer-prompt-number-copies.html)

ChadDiesel

Specify Printer and Prompt for Number of Copies?

Hello,

I want to specify a printer for one of my spreadsheets. I do not want to
print to the default printer. I set up a button on the sheet with the
following code behind it:

Sub PrintToSpecificPrinter()

prt = Application.ActivePrinter

ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, ActivePrinter:="LaserJet
1320"

Application.ActivePrinter = prt

End Sub

This works great, but is there a way to add code to prompt the user for the
number of copies they wish to print? Also, I don't want to collate. I know
this doesn't seem like it would save a lot of time, but my boss asked if
this was possible so we would not have to keep changing the printer. Any
information would be appreciated.

Chad

William Benson

Specify Printer and Prompt for Number of Copies?

Try:

ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:= inputbox("How many
copies?",,"1") , Collate:=False

ink.net...