-   -   vba project stopped working in excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/331609-vba-project-stopped-working-excel-2003-a.html)

MortVent

vba project stopped working in excel 2003

I had created a VBA enabled workbook for our auditors to generate random
sample numbers in the field.

Recently two have suddenly been unable to use it. It used to work for them,
but now the project on thier computers fails to read the numbers in the cell
refrences.

I could find nothing in the knowledge base about this problem.

Don Guillett[_4_]

vba project stopped working in excel 2003

As always, post your code for comments.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"MortVent" wrote in message
I had created a VBA enabled workbook for our auditors to generate random
sample numbers in the field.

Recently two have suddenly been unable to use it. It used to work for

them,
but now the project on thier computers fails to read the numbers in the

cell
refrences.

I could find nothing in the knowledge base about this problem.

MortVent

vba project stopped working in excel 2003

Sorry, here is the code snippet for the first section that breaks. The other
sections after use the same reference style.

intTotal = Application.Workbooks(1).Worksheets(1).Range("B9") .Value
' check that there is a value givin for sample size
If intTotal = 0 Or intTotal 200 Then
intMsg = MsgBox("Incorrect values entered for sample size. Please
enter a value between 1 and 200.", vbOKOnly, "Error: Incorrect Data")
Exit Sub
End If

"MortVent" wrote in message
I had created a VBA enabled workbook for our auditors to generate random
sample numbers in the field.

Recently two have suddenly been unable to use it. It used to work for

them,
but now the project on thier computers fails to read the numbers in the

cell
refrences.

I could find nothing in the knowledge base about this problem.

Dave Peterson[_5_]

vba project stopped working in excel 2003

What's in Application.Workbooks(1).Worksheets(1).Range("B9") .Value?

Are you sure workbooks(1) is the correct workbook? Maybe they have multiple
workbooks open?

Maybe someone moved worksheets around on you???

You could add this line while you're debugging:

msgbox _
Application.Workbooks(1).Worksheets(1).Range("B9") .address(external:=true)

"MortVent" wrote in message
I had created a VBA enabled workbook for our auditors to generate random
sample numbers in the field.

Recently two have suddenly been unable to use it. It used to work for

them,
but now the project on thier computers fails to read the numbers in the

cell
refrences.

I could find nothing in the knowledge base about this problem.

--

Dave Peterson

MortVent

vba project stopped working in excel 2003

It was the only workbook open in testing. It should be anumber. I tried it
with values within the acceptable ranges. It is like the application just
stopped accepting the references.

All cells referenced had correct values, and it treted them as having
incorrect values or empty cells.

Odd thing is the auditors were using the workbook fine, then it just stopped
working.

"MortVent" wrote in message
I had created a VBA enabled workbook for our auditors to generate random
sample numbers in the field.

Recently two have suddenly been unable to use it. It used to work for
them,
but now the project on thier computers fails to read the numbers in the
cell
refrences.

I could find nothing in the knowledge base about this problem.

--

Dave Peterson

MortVent

vba project stopped working in excel 2003

Well it turns out they have personal macro workbooks in excel startup. And
I'll try doing a fixed index on the name.

"MortVent" wrote in message
I had created a VBA enabled workbook for our auditors to generate random
sample numbers in the field.

Recently two have suddenly been unable to use it. It used to work for
them,
but now the project on thier computers fails to read the numbers in the
cell
refrences.

I could find nothing in the knowledge base about this problem.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson[_5_]

vba project stopped working in excel 2003

If you know the name, maybe you could just use that:

intTotal = Application.Workbooks("myworkbooknamehere.xls") _
.Worksheets("myworksheetnamehere.xls").Range("B9") .Value

(and use the worksheet name, too, if you know it.)

"MortVent" wrote in message
I had created a VBA enabled workbook for our auditors to generate random
sample numbers in the field.

Recently two have suddenly been unable to use it. It used to work for
them,
but now the project on thier computers fails to read the numbers in the
cell
refrences.

I could find nothing in the knowledge base about this problem.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

MortVent

vba project stopped working in excel 2003

I wound up just using ThisWorkbook instead of Application.Workbooks(index)

"MortVent" wrote in message
I had created a VBA enabled workbook for our auditors to generate random
sample numbers in the field.

Recently two have suddenly been unable to use it. It used to work for
them,
but now the project on thier computers fails to read the numbers in the
cell
refrences.

I could find nothing in the knowledge base about this problem.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson[_5_]

vba project stopped working in excel 2003

Much more specific!