-   -   shortcut to open file in personal.xls blocking file's macros (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/331606-shortcut-open-file-personal-xls-blocking-files-macros.html)

No Name

shortcut to open file in personal.xls blocking file's macros

Hi,
I've looked and could not find it. I have in my personal.xls a shortcut
(ex. ctrl+shift +a) which runs a particular excel file. But this file has
also vba code in workbook_open sub(). And when I am runing this shortcut to
open this file a file is opening but the code in this workbook does not
start. Why ? What shal I do to run this code when I am runing this file from
this shortcut.
When I open this file from menu/open everything works (the workbook_open sub
starts).

Any idea?

Thank very much

Dave Peterson[_5_]

shortcut to open file in personal.xls blocking file's macros

Shortcuts that include the shiftkey can break the auto_open and workbook_open
macros.

Try using a different shortcut that does not include the shift key.

--

Dave Peterson