-   -   Assining the value of a vlookup to a cell rather than the vlookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/331381-assining-value-vlookup-cell-rather-than-vlookup.html)

dreastman

Assining the value of a vlookup to a cell rather than the vlookup

Hi All,

I am trying to assign the value the following VBA statement to a cell
Sheets("Sheet2").Range("F1").Formula = "=VLOOKUP(" & Mid(x.Value, 20, 4) &
",Sheet2!$A$1:$C$72,3)"

It currenlty puts the formula in the cell. The only way that I have found to
work around this is to put this formula into a temporary cell and then assign
the value of it to the cell where I really want it.

How to I force the statement to evaluate the vlookup before assigning it to
the cell?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

~Dennis~

STEVE BELL

Assining the value of a vlookup to a cell rather than the vlookup

Sheets("Sheet2").Range("F1").Value
=WorksheetFunction.VLookUp.......................

Sheets("Sheet2").Range("F1").Value = WorksheetFunction.VLOOKUP(Mid(x.Value,
20, 4),Sheets("Sheet2").Range("$A$1:$C$72"),3)

Double check the formula to make sure it is right...
--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"dreastman" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am trying to assign the value the following VBA statement to a cell
Sheets("Sheet2").Range("F1").Formula = "=VLOOKUP(" & Mid(x.Value, 20, 4) &
",Sheet2!$A$1:$C$72,3)"

It currenlty puts the formula in the cell. The only way that I have found
work around this is to put this formula into a temporary cell and then
assign
the value of it to the cell where I really want it.

How to I force the statement to evaluate the vlookup before assigning it
the cell?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

~Dennis~

George Nicholson[_2_]

Assining the value of a vlookup to a cell rather than the vlookup

Sheets("Sheet2").Range("F1") = WorksheetFunction.VLOOKUP(Mid(x.Value, 20,
4),Sheet2!$A$1:$C$72,3)

--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

"dreastman" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am trying to assign the value the following VBA statement to a cell
Sheets("Sheet2").Range("F1").Formula = "=VLOOKUP(" & Mid(x.Value, 20, 4) &
",Sheet2!$A$1:$C$72,3)"

It currenlty puts the formula in the cell. The only way that I have found
work around this is to put this formula into a temporary cell and then
assign
the value of it to the cell where I really want it.

How to I force the statement to evaluate the vlookup before assigning it
the cell?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

~Dennis~

dreastman

Assining the value of a vlookup to a cell rather than the vloo

Thanks George and Steve.