-   -   Update Links - Startup options. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/331350-update-links-startup-options.html)

MattShoreson[_20_]

Update Links - Startup options.

Am I missing the point.

I have a workbook with links to another file.
I goto editlinksstartup prompt.
I select the option - Dont display the alert and update links.

So why on saving and reopening do I get prompted to update links?

Is there something I've missed?
Cheers in advance,
Matt

--
MattShoreso
MattShoreson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=347

Dave Peterson[_5_]

Update Links - Startup options.

There's another setting that takes precedence.

If you have Tools|options|Edit tab|"Ask to update automatic links", then you're
gonna get asked.

It seems fair to me that MS would make the user's setting trump your workbook's
setting. (But lots of other people disagree with that.)

MattShoreson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3472
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=377744

--

Dave Peterson