-   -   My code does not run on another computer (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/331348-my-code-does-not-run-another-computer.html)

Pedro

My code does not run on another computer

I have developed a macro that works perfectly on my computer but only on
mine. If I try to make it run on somebody else's computer, an error message
appears related to the "left" and "dir" statements.

Excel versions are the same, I have also checked add-ins and they have the
same add-ins running. I think Microsoft Visual Basic References are the same
although I am not sure of it.

Thanks,

Pedro.

Chip Pearson

My code does not run on another computer

Check the VBA References and ensure that none are marked as
Missing. If there are any missing references, remove them.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Pedro" wrote in message
I have developed a macro that works perfectly on my computer but
only on
mine. If I try to make it run on somebody else's computer, an
error message
appears related to the "left" and "dir" statements.

Excel versions are the same, I have also checked add-ins and
they have the
same add-ins running. I think Microsoft Visual Basic
References are the same
although I am not sure of it.

Thanks,

Pedro.

Gary's Student

My code does not run on another computer

Here are some things for which to look:
1. material in my personal.xls that I forgot to distribute
2. references to things specific to the directory structure in my computer
3. reliance to aspects of Excel that I have customized
They may not resolve your problem, but at least get you started.

--
Gary's Student