-   -   Jump between sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/331277-jump-between-sheets.html)

Graham Haughs

Jump between sheets

Is it possible in a multi-sheet workbook to create a procedure to jump
back to the sheet and the place you were in previously, ie without using
the tabs to move about. If you were in sheet 6 for example and moved by
a macro to Sheet 20, is there a way to identify that you have just been
in sheet 6 and use a macro to be linked to a command button for example
to jump back to it. Hope this is well enough explained and I would be
grateful for any guidance.

Kind regards
Graham Haughs
Turriff, Scotland

bigwheel

Jump between sheets

This is the way I do it:-

' Switch to/from summary sheet
'

If ActiveSheet.Name = "Summary" Then
oldsheet = Worksheets("Summary").Range("Z1").Value
Sheets(oldsheet).Select
Else
oldsheet = ActiveSheet.Name
Sheets("Summary").Select
Worksheets("Summary").Range("Z1").Value = oldsheet
End If

"Graham Haughs" wrote:

Is it possible in a multi-sheet workbook to create a procedure to jump
back to the sheet and the place you were in previously, ie without using
the tabs to move about. If you were in sheet 6 for example and moved by
a macro to Sheet 20, is there a way to identify that you have just been
in sheet 6 and use a macro to be linked to a command button for example
to jump back to it. Hope this is well enough explained and I would be
grateful for any guidance.

Kind regards
Graham Haughs
Turriff, Scotland

Dave Peterson[_5_]

Jump between sheets

Maybe you could use Jan Karel Pieterse's utility:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
Look for GoBack.Zip

--

Dave Peterson