-   -   Lookup multiple values on multiple sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/331148-lookup-multiple-values-multiple-sheets.html)

RealGomer

Lookup multiple values on multiple sheets

This is the first time I've tried to a lookup in Excel, so please bear with me.
I have a workbook that has eight worksheets. Each worksheet represents a
specific year. On the worksheet, each row represents a specific taxing
district. The columns show specific data for each row. As an example,
worksheet 2005 has columns headed:
TD Nbr
Corp
TWP
School
Twp Levy
School Levy
Corp Levy
Total Levy

Not every row row will have a township.
What I want to do is create a form or template that will breakdown the
amount of a refund by Corp, Twp, or School. So if there is a refund of
$10,000 for 2004 in TD Nbr 017, the template would populate something like
this:
Total Refund: $10,000 TD Nbr: 017
CORP = Amberley Refund = $787.49
TWP = Refund =
SCHOOL = Cincinnati Refund = $6,843.29
Notice the TWP field is left blank

Is this doable or would I be better off using ACCESS? Each year a new
worksheet is added with new rates.

Thank you.
--
I know enuff to be dangerous.

Tom Ogilvy

Lookup multiple values on multiple sheets

You can make the name of the sheet dynamic. Assuming it is a year number of
the year prior to the current year as an example:

=if(vlookup(td
nbr,Indirect(year(date)-1&"!A1:H500),2,False)="","",vlookup(td