-   -   Navigating between option buttons is not selecting the option (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/330737-re-navigating-between-option-buttons-not-selecting-option.html)

Gixxer_J_97[_2_]

Navigating between option buttons is not selecting the option

Hi,

have you looked at the tab order? just a thought

"Ramana" wrote:

Hi,
In my user form, while navigating between option buttons, the focus is
moving to the new option buttons but the new option is not getting selected
unless I press space bar.
Please see the attached excel file.

Any clue?

Advance Thanks,
Ramana

Ramana

Navigating between option buttons is not selecting the option

Tab order is correct.
Tab order only controls the sequence of navigation. Here the navigation is
working fine as the focus is chaning properly, but the option is set.

Thanks,
Ramana

"Ramana" wrote:

Hi,
In my user form, while navigating between option buttons, the focus is
moving to the new option buttons but the new option is not getting

selected
unless I press space bar.
Please see the attached excel file.

Any clue?

Advance Thanks,
Ramana

Gixxer_J_97[_2_]

Navigating between option buttons is not selecting the option

when you say its not getting selected you mean it's not getting 'pressed'
unless you press the spacebar?

"Ramana" wrote:

Hi,
In my user form, while navigating between option buttons, the focus is
moving to the new option buttons but the new option is not getting

selected
unless I press space bar.
Please see the attached excel file.

Any clue?

Advance Thanks,
Ramana

drhalter

Navigating between option buttons is not selecting the option

You could try this:

OptButton1_Enter()
OptButton1 = True
End Sub

OptButton2_Enter()
OptButton2 = True
End Sub

I have this code on one of my forms and it works fine. I do find it a
little annoying that the option I want to set doesn't stay if I have to tab
through all of the options. For example, if I start at OptButton1 and set it
true, then tab through OptButton2, I always have to go back and reset
OptButton1, then use the mouse or an accelerator key to avoid setting the
focus on OptButton2 in order to avoid setting it to true.

Good luck

Dave

Ramana

Navigating between option buttons is not selecting the option

You are right.
After adding the code, we can not navigate using Tab.
Its very annoying that option buttons that Microsoft uses in Office
applications works correctly.

Thanks,
Ramana