-   -   Reading from comma seperated List (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/330214-reading-comma-seperated-list.html)

Shashi Bhosale

Reading from comma seperated List

I have a string variable with values comma seperated ,
How to i read each value in Excel using vb code.

Toppers

Reading from comma seperated List

se SPLIT Function:

Sub test()

Dim v As Variant, i As Long
v = Split("A,B,C,D", ",") ' String is "A,B,C,D" with delimeter of ","
For i = 0 To UBound(v)
MsgBox v(i)
Next
End
End Sub

HTH

"Shashi Bhosale" wrote:

I have a string variable with values comma seperated ,
How to i read each value in Excel using vb code.

Doug[_13_]

Reading from comma seperated List

Hi

If a macro passes the string to this macro it will list the parts to Sheet1
going down from cell A1. If you want the values to go across then change
Cells(j, 1) to Cells(1, j).

Sub ReadCommaSepString(inpString As String)

Dim i As Integer, j As Integer

i = InStr(1, inpString, ",")
j = 1

If i = 0 Then
MsgBox "NO COMMAS IN STRING", 48, ""
Exit Sub
End If

Do While i < 0

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(j, 1).Value = Left(inpString, i)

j = j + 1

inpString = Right(inpString, Len(inpString) - i)

i = InStr(1, inpString, ",")
Loop

If Not Len(inpString) = 0 Then ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(j,
1).Value = inpString

End Sub

Doug