-   -   How do I write a macro that hides a row based on data in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/330070-how-do-i-write-macro-hides-row-based-data-excel.html)

JJO

How do I write a macro that hides a row based on data in Excel?

Dick Kusleika[_4_]

How do I write a macro that hides a row based on data in Excel?

JJO

You should include your question in the body of your post and use the
subject line to show the subject. It makes it easier for others to read.
Here's an example of a macro that hides a row based on the value of a cell.

If Target.Column = 1 Then 'only for column A
If Target.Value = "HideMe" Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.EntireRow.Hidden = True
Application.EnableEvents = True

For more on events, see here
http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2...ng-vba-events/

--
Dick Kusleika
Excel MVP

JJO wrote:

Chip Pearson

How do I write a macro that hides a row based on data in Excel?

Try something like

If Range("A1").Value 100 Then
Rows(3).Hidden = False
Else
Rows(3).Hidden = True

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"JJO" wrote in message

TimZ[_2_]

How do I write a macro that hides a row based on data in Excel?

You can write something like:

If activecell = <your parameters then Selection.EntireRow.Hidden =
True

Tim

--
TimZ