-   -   adding values in column D where cell in column A contains certain (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/330059-adding-values-column-d-where-cell-column-contains-certain.html)

William Francis[_2_]

adding values in column D where cell in column A contains certain

Hi Folks,

Can anyone advise whether it's possible to add together all cells in column
D where the cell in the same row and column A contains specific text?

Thanks,
Will Francis

Bob Phillips[_7_]

adding values in column D where cell in column A contains certain

Hi Will,

yes, not hard

=SUMIF(D:D,"value",A:A)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"William Francis" wrote in
message ...
Hi Folks,

Can anyone advise whether it's possible to add together all cells in

column
D where the cell in the same row and column A contains specific text?

Thanks,
Will Francis

William Francis[_2_]

adding values in column D where cell in column A contains cert

Thanks for that Bob. I have tried that, however this doesn't appear to work
as some cells only contain this text as part of the cell value, and not
necessarily at the start of the cell?

Sorry for not explaining that earlier.

Thanks,
Will

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Hi Will,

yes, not hard

=SUMIF(D:D,"value",A:A)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"William Francis" wrote in
message ...
Hi Folks,

Can anyone advise whether it's possible to add together all cells in

column
D where the cell in the same row and column A contains specific text?

Thanks,
Will Francis

Bob Phillips[_7_]

adding values in column D where cell in column A contains cert

Okay, next version :-)

=SUMIF(D:D,"*value*",A:A)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"William Francis" wrote in
message ...
Thanks for that Bob. I have tried that, however this doesn't appear to

work
as some cells only contain this text as part of the cell value, and not
necessarily at the start of the cell?

Sorry for not explaining that earlier.

Thanks,
Will

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Hi Will,

yes, not hard

=SUMIF(D:D,"value",A:A)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"William Francis" wrote in
message ...
Hi Folks,

Can anyone advise whether it's possible to add together all cells in

column
D where the cell in the same row and column A contains specific text?

Thanks,
Will Francis

William Francis[_2_]

adding values in column D where cell in column A contains cert

That's great Bob, thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Bob.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Okay, next version :-)

=SUMIF(D:D,"*value*",A:A)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"William Francis" wrote in
message ...
Thanks for that Bob. I have tried that, however this doesn't appear to

work
as some cells only contain this text as part of the cell value, and not
necessarily at the start of the cell?

Sorry for not explaining that earlier.

Thanks,
Will