-   -   sorting time in a column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/330031-sorting-time-column.html)

mattguerilla

sorting time in a column

I want to sort time in a column using a macro, but instead of the time
running in order from midnight (00:00) I want the starting point to be 06:00
and run until 05:59.

At the moment I have the macro copying data and sorting the time a-z and am
manually resorting the data.

Matt

Jim Thomlinson[_4_]

sorting time in a column

How about using a hidden column. In that column use an if formula to
determine if the cell value is 5:59. If so then return 1 otherwise return
0. Now just sort on this column last and you will be in the order you want.
Or if you want a macro solution let me know and I can get you the same result
that way (using the same general logic) I would want to know how many columns
are in your spreadsheet so that I could use one of the unused columns for a
sort flag.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"mattguerilla" wrote:

I want to sort time in a column using a macro, but instead of the time
running in order from midnight (00:00) I want the starting point to be 06:00
and run until 05:59.

At the moment I have the macro copying data and sorting the time a-z and am
manually resorting the data.

Matt

mattguerilla

sorting time in a column