-   -   Workbook_Open event not firing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/330010-workbook_open-event-not-firing.html)

0013

Workbook_Open event not firing

For some reason, the Workbook_Open event is not firing in one specific
workbook. I created a blank workbook and added the event with a msgbox alert
and it worked fine.

Any ideas why this event wouldn't be firing?

Thanks,

Tom Ogilvy

Workbook_Open event not firing

It isn't in the thisworkbook module?

Tom Ogilvy

"0013" wrote in message
For some reason, the Workbook_Open event is not firing in one specific
workbook. I created a blank workbook and added the event with a msgbox

alert
and it worked fine.

Any ideas why this event wouldn't be firing?

Thanks,

0013

Workbook_Open event not firing

Nope, it's in the correct place.

"0013" wrote in message
For some reason, the Workbook_Open event is not firing in one specific
workbook. I created a blank workbook and added the event with a msgbox

alert
and it worked fine.

Any ideas why this event wouldn't be firing?

Thanks,

Bob Phillips[_7_]

Workbook_Open event not firing

That is the correct place? Tom was suggesting why it didn't work.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"0013" wrote in message
For some reason, the Workbook_Open event is not firing in one specific
workbook. I created a blank workbook and added the event with a

msgbox
alert
and it worked fine.

Any ideas why this event wouldn't be firing?

Thanks,

0013

Workbook_Open event not firing

It's somehow working now. I'm not exactly sure why, but I do have a theory.
I'm guessing that piece of code, which temporarily turns off events, threw
an exception and was stoped before it could re-enable events and the document
was then saved and closed. If this was the case, I'm guessing it was fixed
by successfully re-running that code and saving.

"0013" wrote:

Right, I was saying that that wasn't the problem b/c it was in the workbook
module.