-   -   How to stop the user from seeing what's going on (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/329991-how-stop-user-seeing-whats-going.html)

Jeff

How to stop the user from seeing what's going on

If I have a macro that, for example, does 10 things. How can I prevent the
user from seeing the macro whip through the worksheet doing all 10 things?
In access there is a SetWarnings property. Is there something similar in
Excel?

Thanks in advance

Daniel CHEN

How to stop the user from seeing what's going on

Try to use the following statement:

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

===== * ===== * =====
Daniel CHEN

www.Geocities.com/UDQServices
Download Free Data Processing Add-in
===== * ===== * =====

"Jeff" wrote in message
If I have a macro that, for example, does 10 things. How can I prevent
the
user from seeing the macro whip through the worksheet doing all 10 things?
In access there is a SetWarnings property. Is there something similar in
Excel?

Thanks in advance

Darrin Henshaw

How to stop the user from seeing what's going on

Also try Application.ScreenUpdating = False

That will stop them from seeing excel activate the worksheets.

Damien McBain[_2_]

"Jeff" wrote in message
If I have a macro that, for example, does 10 things. How can I prevent
the
user from seeing the macro whip through the worksheet doing all 10 things?
In access there is a SetWarnings property. Is there something similar in
Excel?

I use:

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

at the start of each "action" sub then the opposite at the end. This freezes
the image on the screen until it's finished running. Excel will show
msgbox's whilst screenupdating is disabled but if the user moves the message
box it makes the screen look wierd.

Jeff

How to stop the user from seeing what's going on

Thanks. I was getting an error message with that when I didn't include the
equal sign (don't have to in Access). Works fine now.