-   -   Incremental Numbering in a Column w/ Specified Text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/329990-incremental-numbering-column-w-specified-text.html)

bgreen

Incremental Numbering in a Column w/ Specified Text

My question is a twist to the previous question asked by user: jpratt. I
wish to do the same with the incremental numbering, but I wish to add other
text before the number. For instance, I have a list of 2,000 or more numbers
I need to enter, but these numbers consist of a CF before the number itself.

CF0001
CF0002
CF0429

Thanks

Yongjun CHEN[_2_]

Incremental Numbering in a Column w/ Specified Text

Using the following formula:
="CF" & TEXT(ROW(),"0000")
Staring from row 1.

Daniel CHEN