-   -   Compile error, variable not defined (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/329740-compile-error-variable-not-defined.html)

davegb

Compile error, variable not defined

The macro below cleans up spreadsheets created by SPSS. It changes some
cell formatting and replaces a bunch of "#NULLS!" with blanks. But it
hangs up with a "Compile error, variable not defined" error at the line
indicated below. Since Worksheet is an object, not a variable, I don't
understand the message. I even looked it up in the Object Browser. So
why doesn't VBA recognize it? It even capitalized it when I entered it,
which I thought, meant it recognized it. But now it doesn't!

Sub SPSSDownloadCleanup()

Dim FoundCell As Range
Dim CurCol As Range

Set FoundCell = ActiveSheet.Range("a1:z1").find(What:="clientid",
LookIn:=xlFormulas)
If Not FoundCell Is Nothing Then
Set CurCol = Worksheet.Range.Column<----error here
CurCol.NumberFormat = "@"
CurCol.HorizontalAlignment = xlRight

Cells.Replace What:="#NULL!", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False
Else
End If

Set FoundCell = ActiveSheet.Range("a1:z1").find(What:="stateid",
LookIn:=xlFormulas)
If Not FoundCell Is Nothing Then

Selection.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter

Else

Does anyone see what I'm missing?
Thanks for the help!

Bob Phillips[_7_]

Compile error, variable not defined

You haven't specified which worksheet. You can use Activesheet,
Worksheets("sheet name"), or Worsksheets(n) where n is the index number.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"davegb" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Snake Plissken[_2_]

Compile error, variable not defined

what about....

Set CurCol = ActiveSheet.Range.Column

:-D
does it work better ?

Snake Plissken[_2_]

Compile error, variable not defined

ha, no it doesn't :-/

Bob Phillips[_7_]

Compile error, variable not defined

oh, you have the same problem with Range. If you want to refer to the find
results, just use

Set CurCol = cell.EntireColumn

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
You haven't specified which worksheet. You can use Activesheet,
Worksheets("sheet name"), or Worsksheets(n) where n is the index number.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"davegb" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Darrin Henshaw

Compile error, variable not defined

If I understand your code right, you want the entire column formatted
correct? If so, change
Set CurCol = Worksheet.Range.Column, to
Set Curcol = ActiveCell.EntireColumn

Does that help?