-   -   Value to be given to all cells with black background color (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/329539-value-given-all-cells-black-background-color.html)

Norbert Jaeger

Value to be given to all cells with black background color

Hello,

I have a certain range of cells in which some of the cells are
formatted to have a black background color.
None of the cells contain any data.

I want to select the whole range of cells and then run a macro which
puts a "1" into each black cell. The white cells must stay empty.

How can I do this?

Regards,
Norbert

147man

Value to be given to all cells with black background color

for each c in selection.cells
if c.interior.colorindex=1 then c.value=1
next c

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Value to be given to all cells with black background color

Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
If cell.Interior.Color = 0 Then
cell.Value = 1
cell.Font.Color = RGB(&HFF, &HFF, &HFF)
End If
Next cell

--

HTH

RP

"Norbert Jaeger" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a certain range of cells in which some of the cells are
formatted to have a black background color.
None of the cells contain any data.

I want to select the whole range of cells and then run a macro which
puts a "1" into each black cell. The white cells must stay empty.

How can I do this?

Regards,
Norbert

K Dales[_2_]

Value to be given to all cells with black background color

Dim ThisCell as Range
For Each ThisCell in Selection.Cells
If ThisCell.Interior.Color = vbBlack Then ThisCell.Value = 1
Next ThisCell

"Norbert Jaeger" wrote:

Hello,

I have a certain range of cells in which some of the cells are
formatted to have a black background color.
None of the cells contain any data.

I want to select the whole range of cells and then run a macro which
puts a "1" into each black cell. The white cells must stay empty.

How can I do this?

Regards,
Norbert

Norbert Jaeger

Value to be given to all cells with black background color

Thanks to all of you.

All the code works.

Regards,
Norbert