-   -   named ranges and copying sheets to another workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/329537-named-ranges-copying-sheets-another-workbook.html)

helpwithXL

named ranges and copying sheets to another workbook

hi all,
I am developing a excel tool and during the developement I need to
move/copy sheets from a earlier version workbook to the latest version
workbook (latest version workbook has new code in it).
I am using named ranges in a sheet called "settings" and value from
these range is used in the macros/VBA code to do a lot of things.
NOw my problem is that when copy sheets from earlier version workbook
to the latest version workbook, I keep getting the message, "A formula
or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name [some name], which
already exists on the destination worksheet. do you want to use name
from destination file and bla-2", when I copy more than one sheet at a
time. but if i copy one sheet at a time to latest version workbook
there's no porblem. and if i say no to this msg, then for every named
cell i need to give a new name and if press yes for all the named
cells, then there's no longer any named cell in the copied sheets!

can someone help?
TIA
amit

helpwithXL

named ranges and copying sheets to another workbook

hi
to make it bit more clear, I tried deleting the sheets with same name
in the latest version WB and then copying the same sheets(with same
name) from old version WB to new version WB but it still gave me the
same Msg.
and if i dont have any named range in the settings sheet, then my
macros, which rely heavily on the value of these named cells , dont
work.