-   -   Displaying Combinations of Rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/329394-displaying-combinations-rows.html)

George B[_2_]

Displaying Combinations of Rows

I have written a macro to examine all possible combinations of rows and
determine which of these satisfy a specific criterion. Unfortunately, there
are a number of potential solutions, so I need to examine each solution to
figure out which is the one I want. The macro changes the color of the
selected cells, calls MsgBox("Solution found") to let me examine the
solution, and then continues on to the next solution when I click OK. I
would like to scroll down the page to examine the solution, but nothing
responds while the msgbox is being displayed. Any suggestions?

Tom Ogilvy

Displaying Combinations of Rows

Application.InputBox("Solution found, Use Mouse to examine",type:=8)

Tom Ogilvy

"George B" wrote in message
I have written a macro to examine all possible combinations of rows and
determine which of these satisfy a specific criterion. Unfortunately,

there
are a number of potential solutions, so I need to examine each solution to
figure out which is the one I want. The macro changes the color of the
selected cells, calls MsgBox("Solution found") to let me examine the
solution, and then continues on to the next solution when I click OK. I
would like to scroll down the page to examine the solution, but nothing
responds while the msgbox is being displayed. Any suggestions?

George B[_2_]

Displaying Combinations of Rows

Thanks, Tom. But I notice that my help file (Excel 2000) does not list a
type parameter for InputBox. An undocumented feature?

"George B" wrote in message
I have written a macro to examine all possible combinations of rows and
determine which of these satisfy a specific criterion. Unfortunately,

there
are a number of potential solutions, so I need to examine each solution

figure out which is the one I want. The macro changes the color of the
selected cells, calls MsgBox("Solution found") to let me examine the
solution, and then continues on to the next solution when I click OK. I
would like to scroll down the page to examine the solution, but nothing
responds while the msgbox is being displayed. Any suggestions?

Vasant Nanavati

Displaying Combinations of Rows

It's confusing, but there is an InputBox Function and an InputBox Method.
The latter accepts the Type parameter.

--

Vasant