-   -   query only returns numeric - can I get characters ... ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/328910-query-only-returns-numeric-can-i-get-characters.html)

Hajime Kusakabe

query only returns numeric - can I get characters ... ?

Excel query returns numeric only from a column that contains numeric and
text.
The column (cells) is fomated as text.

Is there a way to return all the data from the column by query?

Thanks.
Haji

Cush

query only returns numeric - can I get characters ... ?

You might try importing all the data as text then converting to numeric after
it's in xl

"Hajime Kusakabe" wrote:

Excel query returns numeric only from a column that contains numeric and
text.
The column (cells) is fomated as text.

Is there a way to return all the data from the column by query?

Thanks.
Haji

Hajime Kusakabe

query only returns numeric - can I get characters ... ?

I put a space in front of these fields to make them as text.

Haji