-   -   Recalculating single cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/328901-recalculating-single-cell.html)

Daniel Bonallack

Recalculating single cell

I'm trying to recalculate a single cell with code on a Excel sheet.

My code is:
Range("rSales").calculate

The sheet is unprotected.
The error message is: Calculate method of Range class failed

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks very much
Daniel Bonallack

Jim Thomlinson[_3_]

Recalculating single cell

Everything you ever wanted to know about Excel Calculation but were affraid
to ask is on this site

http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecrets.htm

HTH

"Daniel Bonallack" wrote:

I'm trying to recalculate a single cell with code on a Excel sheet.

My code is:
Range("rSales").calculate

The sheet is unprotected.
The error message is: Calculate method of Range class failed

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks very much
Daniel Bonallack

Bob Phillips[_7_]

Recalculating single cell

Hi Daniel,

Long time :-)

What is rSales, is it a variable, or a workbook name? And what is its value?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Daniel Bonallack" wrote in
message ...
I'm trying to recalculate a single cell with code on a Excel sheet.

My code is:
Range("rSales").calculate

The sheet is unprotected.
The error message is: Calculate method of Range class failed

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks very much
Daniel Bonallack

Daniel Bonallack

Recalculating single cell

Thanks - that's quite an impressive site!

"Daniel Bonallack" wrote:

I'm trying to recalculate a single cell with code on a Excel sheet.

My code is:
Range("rSales").calculate

The sheet is unprotected.
The error message is: Calculate method of Range class failed

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks very much
Daniel Bonallack

Daniel Bonallack

Recalculating single cell

Hi Bob
How's things?
You may not get this at this late date - rSales is just a range name for a
single cell - I might just have well said Range("A1").calculate.

Daniel